The Engine RoomOrigin QuarriesFostersPier 21Lion FoundationUnited Industries LimitedHarkenNuplex Industries LtdFostermastsNZCTOvlov MarineRNYSAltexSika

Ethel

Ethel
Designer
?
Builder
Logan Brothers
Launched
16th November 1896
LOA
60ft
LOD
48ft
LWL
24ft
Beam
11ft
Draft
5ft 6in
Displacement
12 tons
Sail Number
D31
Call sign
Sails
Spars
Owner History
1896 - 1912
Colonel Herbert Dawson (Launched as black cutter with cargo hold. Converted to yawl during his ownership)
1912 - 1913
John and Frederick Kemp
1913 - 1914
W J Quelch (Painted her white and converted cargo hold to main cabin)
1914 - 1915
W R Ingram (Installed 12hp auxiliary in cockpit and added 2 tons of lead for racing)
1915 -
Capt. F E Wills of Onehunga (converted main cabin to refrigerated fish hold)
History not known but in 1938 was reported to have spent many years lying in Henderson Creek
1938
Dick Lang (put new keel timbers in)
1938 -
George Murphy (Used as a fishing boat, medium blue hull; 3 cylinder lister engine; cutter rigged)
1975 - 1999
John Smith of Paeroa (extensive repairs including new decks, cabin top, interior fit out and returned mizzen mast)
1999 - 2011
Tom Leary (major refit to bring up to charter standard with black hull)
2011 - 2021
Keith Munro and Kevin Ebbitt (completed major restoration from derelict state and relaunched 2013 as a yawl with white hull)
2021 - current
The Classic Yacht Charitable Trust. Skipper Jon Patrick April 2021 to current

Ethel–John Street again! ~ Boating NZ